The Santo Niño Cathedral, also know as the Calapan Cathedral, is the episcopal seat of the Apostolic Vicariate of Calapan, Oriental Mindoro, Philippines. The cathedral is located right at the center of the city, which is also the capital of the province near the town’s plaza and city hall.
The church was first founded by the priest and Spanish Augustinian Recollect, Father Diego de la Madre de Dios in 1679.
The church went through several challenges including constant Moro attacks, the most notable of which happened in the 1750s, a church fire in the 1880s, occupation by revolutionists during the Philippine revolution in 1898, and by the Americans during World War II in 1951. The present church structure was completed in 1962.
The Calapan Cathedral features a beautiful bell tower, and decorative screen blocks for its facade.